401 North Cattlemen Road
Sarasota, FL 34232
Office: (941) 366-4680
Fax: (941) 953-3136
Fax: (941) 953-3136
Commercial & Complex Litigation
Motor Vehicle Negligence
Personal Injury Litigation
Trucking & Transportation Litigation
The Florida Bar
- Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Division (2016-Present)
- Appellate Law Section, Member
- Trial Lawyers Section, Member
- Small Claims Rules Committee, Appointee (2014-2017)
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Class I Fellow (2013-2014)
Sarasota County Bar Association
- President, Young Lawyers Division (2016-2017)
- President-Elect, Young Lawyers Division (2015-2016)
- Secretary, Young Lawyers Division (2014-2015)
- Director, Young Lawyers Division (2012-2014)
- Diversity Committee, Member (2010-2015)
Defense Research Institute
Florida Defense Lawyers Association
Member, Young Professionals Group of the Sarasota Chamber of Commerce
U.S. Supreme Court
All Florida State Courts
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Jesse Butler has been practicing law in Sarasota since 2010, representing clients in legal actions involving civil and commercial matters, and appeals. Mr. Butler’s litigation and trial practice focuses on product liability and complex tort cases, including cases involving allegations of product defects, fraud, consumer protection statute violations, personal injuries, defamation, and contract and insurance coverage disputes.
Mr. Butler also maintains an active appellate practice, and has handled appeals in every District Court of Appeal in the State of Florida, as well as appeals of Federal cases to the United States 11th Circuit Court of Appeal. In 2018, Mr. Butler received the special distinction of being admitted to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Butler has appeared in over 30 appellate matters, in cases involving appeals of final judgments, non-final orders, and petitions seeking extraordinary writs. His published appellate cases include:
- Zwick v. Zwick, 109 So.3d 803 (Fla. 2d DCA 2013);
- Jarboe Family and Friends Irrevocable Living Trust v. Spielman, 136 So.3d 666 (Fla. 2nd DCA 2014);
- Field Club, Inc. v. Alario, 180 So.3d 1138 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015);
- Gold Ring Investments, Inc. v. Beach Terrace Condominium Ass’n, Inc., 2016 WL 619169 (2nd DCA 2016);
- Clemons v. Knight,, 2016 WL 5929636 (11th Cir. 2016);
- Coltellino v. Lee County Electric. Coop., Inc., 2016 WL 7034697 (Fla. 2d DCA 2016);
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. v. Turcotte, 2017 WL 6765285 (Fla. 2d DCA 2017);
- J.S. v. Dept. of Children and Families, 2018 WL 1074268 (Fla. 3d DCA 2018);
- K.D. v. Dept. of Children and Families, — So.3d — (Fla. 1st DCA 2018).
Mr. Butler serves on the Board of Governors for the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, where he has served as an elected Governor since 2016 and represents the 12th Judicial Circuit (Sarasota, Manatee and DeSoto Counties). Mr. Butler also served as President of the Sarasota County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers’ Division, and has served on the Florida Bar’s Small Claims Rules Committee. In 2013, Mr. Butler was inducted as a Class I Fellow of The Florida Bar Leadership Academy, a distinction shared by less than 60 attorneys throughout Florida.
Jesse Butler has been awarded the prestigious AV Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell. An AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment; a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
In his spare time, Mr. Butler enjoys studying history, particularly ancient Roman history. Mr. Butler also frequently appears as a volunteer appellate attorney for the Guardian ad Litem Program throughout the state of Florida, where he advocates on behalf of children who have been abused, neglected, or abandoned.