401 North Cattlemen Road
Sarasota, FL 34232
Office: (941) 366-4680
Fax: (941) 953-3136
Fax: (941) 953-3136
Commercial & Complex Litigation
Motor Vehicle Negligence
Personal Injury Litigation
Trucking & Transportation Litigation
The Florida Bar
- Appellate Law Section, Member
- Trial Lawyers Section, Member
- Small Claims Rules Committee, Appointee (2014-Present)
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Class I Fellow (2013-2014)
- Board of Governors, YLD, 12th Circuit Representative (2016-Present)
Sarasota County Bar Association
- Diversity Committee, Member (2010-2015)
Young Lawyers’ Division, Sarasota County Bar Association
- President (2016-2017)
- President-Elect (2015-2016)
- Secretary (2014-2015)
- Director (2012-2014)
Defense Research Institute
Florida Defense Lawyers Association
Member, Young Professionals Group of the Sarasota Chamber of Commerce
All Florida State Courts
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Mr. Butler was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, moving to Fort Myers, Florida in 1999. After graduating from Fort Myers High School, Mr. Butler attended the University of Central Florida, where he was a member of the Burnett Honors College, and in 2006 graduated with University Honors, receiving his bachelor degree in Legal Studies, with a minor in Political Science.
In 2010, Mr. Butler received his Juris Doctorate with honors from the University of Florida, Fredrick G. Levin College of Law. While in law school, Mr. Butler had the privilege of receiving book awards in Sales, Cyberlaw, and Trial Practice, a distinction given to the highest grade in the class. Mr. Butler also served as a teaching assistant for advanced trial practice students.
Mr. Butler has been practicing law in Sarasota since 2010, representing clients in civil and commercial matters and appeals. Mr. Butler joined the law firm of Dickinson & Gibbons, P.A. in 2012. Mr. Butler’s practice focuses on appellate law, as well as commercial and complex litigation, consumer protection law, construction litigation, insurance defense, product liability, trucking litigation, and personal injury litigation.
Mr. Butler has appeared in over 30 appellate cases, including the published appellate decisions:
- Zwick v. Zwick, 109 So.3d 803 (Fla. 2d DCA 2013);
- Jarboe Family and Friends Irrevocable Living Trust v. Spielman, 136 So.3d 666 (Fla. 2nd DCA 2014);
- Field Club, Inc. v. Alario, 180 So.3d 1138 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015);
- Gold Ring Investments, Inc. v. Beach Terrace Condominium Ass’n, Inc., 2016 WL 619169 (2nd DCA 2016);
- Clemons v. Knight,, 2016 WL 5929636 (11th Cir. 2016); and
- Coltellino v. Lee County Electric. Coop., Inc., 2016 WL 7034697 (Fla. 2d DCA 2016).
In 2016, Mr. Butler was elected to the Board of Governors for the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, where he serves as Governor for the 12th Judicial Circuit. Mr. Butler is also President of the Sarasota County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers’ Division, and serves on the Florida Bar’s Small Claims Rules Committee. In 2013, Mr. Butler was inducted as a Class I Fellow of The Florida Bar Leadership Academy, a distinction shared by less than 60 attorneys throughout Florida. In his spare time, Mr. Butler enjoys studying history, particularly ancient Roman history.
Jesse Butler has been awarded the prestigious AV Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell. An AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment; a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.