North Port, Sarasota, Bradenton, Florida, Tops Large Communities in Well-Being
A recent Gallop Poll concluded North Port, Sarasota and Bradenton, Florida, tops large communities in the Well-Being Index, just slightly above the Honolulu, Hawaii index, making us one of the happiest cities in the U.S. According to The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, “the score is comprised of five essential elements of well-being:
- Purpose: Liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals;
- Social: Having supportive relationships and love in your life;
- Financial: Managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security;
- Community: Liking where you live, feeling safe and having pride in your community; and
- Physical: Having good health and enough energy to get things done daily.”
There are a number of reasons why people want to live and work in Sarasota. It is a cultural mecca that offers a “winterless” wonderland. The area boasts spectacular white sandy beaches and is considered one the top 25 places to retire, according to Money Magazine. There is an abundance of parks and wildlife, and an endless supply of things to do from kayaking to visiting the Ringling Museum of Art–all in an area that offers excellent healthcare and a flourishing business climate. When it comes to location and well-being, I believe most of us at Dickinson & Gibbons would agree with the Gallup Poll.